Validate Source and Target Data Match
One of the world’s largest financial services firms provides investment services, transaction processing, and asset management on HPE NonStop systems. The institution is required to meet regulatory requirements, including validating that its business continuity solution’s target data is correct.
- The firm trusted but never verified that its source data was accurately applied to the target database.
- Auditors indicated that any data discrepancy would put the firm at risk and be in violation of regulatory requirements.
- Continuously validating the data posed a complex and time-consuming challenge. The firm could not take an outage to perform the validation.
Use HPE Shadowbase Compare to create a table of differences which highlights any discrepancies between the source and target databases:
Figure 1 — Compare Databases, Creating a Table of Differences
Use HPE Shadowbase Repair to choose from several options to safely correct these discrepancies:
Figure 2 — Repair the Databases by Referencing the Table of Differences, and then the Source Data
- Reassures key stakeholders that a failover to the target would have a consistent and complete database image
- Identifies and resolves data discrepancies without taking an application outage or interfering with replication activity
- Satisfies auditing best practices and guarantees regulatory compliance by verifying replication activity
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.