HPE Shadowbase Streams for Data and Application Integration
Powerful and Flexible Facilities to Integrate Existing Applications and Databases
Use HPE Shadowbase Streams to:
- replicate (or “data ingestion”) between diverse applications at the event-driven level (called application integration*), and
- replicate (or “data ingestion”) between diverse databases to share and access data at the data level (called data integration*).
*Note: There are several different integration combinations. Basically, database integration is more common than application integration, but by purchasing HPE Shadowbase Streams, a user can perform both.
HPE Shadowbase Streams — Integrate Data and Applications to Create New Solutions
- Shadowbase Data and Application Integration from Shadowbase Software on Vimeo.
- YouTube link (same video): Shadowbase Data and Application Integration from Shadowbase Software on YouTube.
Integrate existing applications and services in real-time
“Use real data [and] real applications to find real problems early.”
– Credit Union Application Developer
Use Shadowbase Streams for applications that:
- are isolated, legacy, or “stale,”
- cannot be directly modified,
- were never intended or designed to work together,
- and when the original application developers are unavailable or have left the company.
HPE Shadowbase Streams for Application Integration
Streamline events across applications, creating a data pipeline from a data pump
While a source application generates changes and events, Shadowbase Streams immediately distributes them across an enterprise. This powerful architecture allows an application to simply utilize the events that are delivered by Shadowbase Streams.
Rapidly create new value-add business functionality and services that were not possible before integration without modifying existing application code
HPE Shadowbase Streams modernizes legacy applications and databases by enabling the creation of new and valuable business services to enhance competitiveness, reduce costs or increase revenue, and satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Create a local copy of data updates from a source application
- Enhance competitiveness
- Expand existing functionality
- Generally, improve the user experience
- Help satisfy regulatory requirements
- Improve end-user response times
- Increase revenue
- Rapidly generate new and valuable services
- Reduce costs
- Real-time fraud detection
- Real-time business intelligence
- Real-time operating system integration
Integrate existing database environments in real-time
Use Shadowbase Streams for databases to:
- rapidly deliver (or ingest) information where and when it is needed,
- in a required format, and
- distribute (or ingest) updated information in real-time throughout an enterprise.
HPE Shadowbase Streams for Data Integration
Change data capture
With data integration, Shadowbase Streams uses change data capture (CDC) technology to capture change data and create a real-time copy of selected data from a source system’s database to a target system’s database.
- Feed data warehouses
- Populate data marts
- Build online query processing systems (OLQP) to offload reporting from the host
- Create localized data sets for distributed applications