Manage Massive Data Growth with Online Repartitioning
Figure 1 — Original File or Table Structure (with N Partitions)
One of the largest U.S. processors of credit card transactions provides 24×7 card management services on HPE NonStop Systems with HPE Shadowbase software in an active/active (partitioned) business continuity architecture (data collisions are not possible, Figure 1).
- The processor’s database queries are starting to time out and are becoming very inefficient.
- The growing database size and activity requires an online repartition (no application outage is allowed).
- The repartitioning impact needs to be minimized for homogeneous (same) and heterogeneous (different) file formats and table schemas.
- The processor required one tool and approach for all file and table types (Enscribe, SQL/MP, and SQL/MX).
- HPE Shadowbase Zero Downtime Migration (see slider below)
- The processor’s application is designed to close and re-open files/tables on command.
- The slider below first shows repartitioning Enscribe files, and then SQL tables
Figure 2 — Open New File or Table (with M Partitions)
- Enables dynamic online repartitioning, eliminating planned downtime and minimizing application impact (minimal to no application outage is needed)
- Supports online repartitioning of homogeneous and heterogeneous schemas and formats
- One solution for all file and table types (Enscribe, SQL/MP, and SQL/MX)
HPE Shadowbase Product of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Basic Data Integration Software (BE443AC/QSA51V6)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related White Paper: Using HPE Shadowbase Software to Eliminate Planned Downtime via Zero Downtime Migration
Related Solution Brief: HPE Shadowbase Zero Downtime Migration