July 6, 2022 — Gravic Announces Shadowbase for HPE NonStop Version 6.700 (T1122^AAW)
- Copy link to clipboard
- Email link
HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.700 (T1122^AAW) is a full release that includes a large number of new and improved features and includes a new license file requirement. (All customers need to acquire a new license file to run this release.)
New License File Requirement
For customers upgrading to HPE Shadowbase Version 6.700, you will need a new license file because of an internal update to the Shadowbase License format. For HPE Shadowbase customers, you must contact the HPE License Manager to obtain a new license file before installing/running this release. Direct Gravic Shadowbase customers need to contact Shadowbase Support to obtain the new license file.
- SBMAP is standardized and runs in the Shadowbase Consumer process, and is included out-of-the-box with support for Enscribe and SQL/MP source files. (Previously, SBMAP was configured as an add-on User Exit process.)
- Compare enhancements for Enscribe files:
- Iterative compare mechanism: This mechanism saves all mismatched records until the initial comparison iteration is finished, and then runs additional iterations, re-comparing the mismatched records as many times as desired. This ability helps remove false positives due to replication latency from the mismatch report.
- Compression: There are two compression methods available, either record compression or block compression. Each method creates a digest of the information to be compared, which lessens the amount of data being transferred back and forth between the Compare processes, dramatically reducing network traffic.
- Support for Enscribe unstructured files and queue files.
- Performance improvements for large file/table comparisons.
- Compare enhancements for HPE NonStop SQL/MP and SQL/MX:
- Automatic parallel execution capability to reduce comparison times
- Performance improvements for large file/table comparisons
- Additional Support for replication of Internal and External SQL/MX Sequence Objects.
- SBBIDROS allows users to add overrides for the SBMON configuration parameters using the SBMON_PARAM override. SBBIDROS is a TACL macro used to configure homogeneous SQL/MX bi-directional replication environments. Overrides for the DOC Writer, Transaction Replay Server (TRS), and DOC Cleaner were added.
- Reduced frequency of JULIANTIMESTAMP procedure calls, which greatly improves performance for environments with a high arrival rate of audit trail events.
- SBCREATP is included as a Temporary Code Delivery (TCD). SBCREATP reads a SQL/MP source table’s DDL and generates a CREATE TABLE command and properly formats the DDL command into any supported SQL target table.
- PostgreSQL is supported as a target database. SBDDLUTL and SBCREATP generate PostgreSQL target schemas (for Enscribe files and SQL/MP tables respectively).
- Enhancements to the CHECK DBS command to validate Shadowbase configurations before deployment.
- Other miscellaneous fixes and usability enhancements.
- Fixed an error related to undoing (backing out) a delete event for Enscribe Entry Sequence files
- Fixed Enscribe Compare counts for entry sequenced and relative files
- Resolved various SBUNIDIR and SBUNDROS configuration macro errors
- Fixed User Exit functions “SBISSQLMXSOURCE(void)” and “SBISSQLMXTARGET(void)”
- Fixed a QMGR file “clean-up” error related to the SBUNDR configuration SRCU scripts
- Resolved various Collector errors
- Corrected various QMGR errors such as the QMGR’s improper event counting error
- To support interoperability between future versions of Shadowbase software, the message formats were extended with versioning information, which makes this release incompatible with prior releases. Hence, for environments where Shadowbase software interoperates across NonStop systems, all instances must be upgraded to Version 6.700 or newer at the same time.
For More Information: