Manage Massive Data Growth with Online Repartitioning
Figure 1 — Original File or Table Structure (with N Partitions)
One of the largest U.S. processor of credit card transactions provides 24×7 card management services on HPE NonStop Systems with HPE Shadowbase software in an active/active (partitioned) business continuity architecture (data collisions are not possible, Figure 1).
- The processor’s database queries are starting to time out and are becoming very inefficient.
- The growing database size and activity requires an online repartition (no application outage is allowed).
- The repartitioning impact needs to be minimized for homogeneous (same) and heterogeneous (different) file formats and table schemas.
- The processor required one tool and approach for all file and table types (Enscribe, SQL/MP, and SQL/MX).
Figure 2 — Open New File or Table (with M Partitions)
- Enables dynamic online repartitioning
- Repartitions homogeneous and heterogeneous schemas and formats
- One solution for all file and table types (Enscribe, SQL/MP, and SQL/MX)
- Minimizes application impact (no application outage is needed)
HPE Shadowbase Product of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Basic Data Integration Software (BE443AC/QSA51V6)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related White Paper: Using HPE Shadowbase Software to Eliminate Planned Downtime via Zero Downtime Migration
Related Solution Brief: HPE Shadowbase Zero Downtime Migration