Sizzling-Hot-Takeover (SZT) Availability for Island Bank
An island bank runs BASE24™ for point-of-sale (POS) and ATM services on HPE NonStop servers. The bank relied upon an untested active/passive business continuity solution for disaster recovery.
The bank needed to replace a legacy replication product, increase application availability, and provide a simple method for periodically testing the failover process. The bank needed to perform a BASE24 application upgrade and an HPE NonStop hardware refresh with no downtime.
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Active/Almost-Active Business Continuity Architecture
- Upgraded the BASE24 application and performed the hardware platform refresh with no downtime
- Created a fast and reliable failover capability and the ability to practice periodic, nondisruptive testing through the HPE Shadowbase SZT solution
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Basic Data Replication (BE441AC)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Advanced Data Replication (BE442AL)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Compare (BE445AC)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Studies:
Related White Paper:
Related Solution Brief: