Prevent Fraudulent Activity for Online Banking
A European bank provides online account access to its customers for a banking application that runs on HPE NonStop systems. Fraud occurs and is difficult to identify and prosecute. The intent to commit a crime is not sufficient; the crime must actually be attempted for prosecution. Fraudulent financial activity is increasing in the region, particularly in online banking.
This situation is costing the bank a lot of money. The bank has had limited success assisting authorities in prosecuting the crimes. The bank needs a straight-forward method to integrate the fraud-detection process without having to rewrite its applications.
- Use HPE Shadowbase Application Integration to integrate the HPE NonStop online banking activity in real-time with a Linux-based fraud-scoring application, to detect and prevent fraud before it occurs
- Enable the prosecution of the crime by demonstrating actual, attempted fraud
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Fraud Detection Architecture
- Reduced costs from fraudulent activity
- Crimes using the online application are easier to identify, prosecute, and have a higher conviction rate
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase DIAI Basic SW (SKU BE443AC)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase DIAI Adv LTU (SKU BE444AL)
- HPE Other Server Shadowbase DIAI Basic SW (SKU WSA51V6T2)
- HPE Other Server Shadowbase DIAI Adv SW (SKU WSA52V6T2)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study:
Related White Paper:
Related Solution Briefs: