Prevent Fraudulent Activity for Online Banking on HPE NonStop
A European bank provides online account access to its customers for a banking application that runs on HPE NonStop systems. Fraud occurs and is difficult to identify and prosecute.
The intent to commit a crime is not sufficient; the crime must actually be attempted for prosecution. Fraudulent financial activity is increasing in the region, particularly in online banking.
- This situation is costing the bank a lot of money.
- The bank has had limited success assisting authorities in prosecuting the crimes.
- The bank needs a straight-forward method to integrate the fraud-detection process without having to rewrite its applications.
- Use HPE Shadowbase Application Integration to integrate the HPE NonStop online banking activity in real-time with a Linux-based fraud-scoring application, to detect and prevent fraud before it occurs.
- Enable the prosecution of the crime by demonstrating actual, attempted fraud.
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Fraud Detection Architecture
- Reduced costs from fraudulent activity
- Crimes using the online application are easier to identify, prosecute, and have a higher conviction rate
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Basic Data Integration Software (BE443AC/QSA51V6)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Advanced Data Integration LTU (BE444AL/QSA52V6)
- HPE NonStop Shadowbase Essential Software (BE446AC/QSA54V6)
- HPE Shadowbase Basic Application Software 1-8 core or 9+ core (WSA51V6T1/T2)
- HPE Shadowbase Basic Application Software LTU 1-8 core or 9+ core (WSA52V6T1/T2)
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study: Winning the Battle Against Internet Banking Fraud by Leveraging Real-Time Data and Application Integration
Related White Paper: HPE Shadowbase Streams for Application Integration
Related Solution Briefs: