Migrate Casino Application Environments with Zero Downtime
A casino manages all aspects of its business (gaming, hotel and hospitality operations, restaurants, etc.) on HPE NonStop systems. As part of a major upgrade, the casino developed several new applications, restructured its databases, and changed the schema of the Enscribe files and SQL tables.
- The casino had outdated hardware and needed to implement new applications and database formats in a new platform environment.
- It also needed to restructure its databases, all while providing 24/7 application availability without a moment of downtime during the migration.
- Use HPE Shadowbase Zero Downtime Migration (ZDM) to create, synchronize, and test the new application and database environment.
- Migrate users to the new environment while keeping the old and new environments in-sync with application services available while the migration takes place.
- Maintained application availability and revenue from its business transactions, ensuring zero loss of service during the migration and upgrade process
- Avoided a high risk “big-bang” approach by migrating to a validated environment (with a back-out option if the migration fails for any latent reason), scaling up the new environment’s load over time (see steps 1-4)
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study:
Related White Paper:
Related Solution Briefs: