Load/Copy/Validate OSS (Open System Services) Regular Files with SOLVUTIL
Figure 1 — Original Architecture
A large and growing U.S. gas and convenience chain has over 3,500 stores, and is rapidly expanding. It uses Verifone (formerly AJB) point-of-sale and loyalty rewards applications on HPE NonStop systems using SQL/MX.
Most of the application runs in the OSS space, and it uses OSS Regular files for TX logs. The chain has future plans for continuous application availability.
- No business continuity solution
- SQL/MX tables and the OSS transaction log present backup challenges (e.g., data types and volume)
Figure 2 — Chain’s New DR Architecture
- Meets the minimum business continuity requirement checkbox with Disaster Recovery that can be verified
- HPE Shadowbase software fully satisfies the chain’s needs across two file system types
- SQL/MX requires special processing to properly replicate (e.g., IDENTITY and SEQUENCE columns)
- OSS transaction log (flat files) produce massive data volumes
- Strategically positions chain with a flexible replication engine for new architectures such as continuous availability
- Allows for verification/validation of the business continuity data (both the SQL/MX data and the OSS Regular TX flat files) without taking an outage
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related White Paper: HPE Shadowbase SOLV Product Suite — Online Database Loading, Copying, Synchronizing, and Unloading
Related Solution Brief: HPE Shadowbase SOLV Product Suite