Continuous Application Availability for Merchant Services
A major bank provides credit and debit card processing for its merchant customers on HPE NonStop servers.
- The bank needed to ensure its merchant services were highly reliable, continuously available since customers used the application 24×7, and able to survive any system or data center failure (fault tolerant) with rapid failover for the affected users.
- Hurricane activity periodically threatens one of the bank’s datacenters.
- Run multiple copies of the application and use HPE Shadowbase bi-directional data replication to synchronize all database changes across the application environments
- Assign each customer to a specific application environment in a partitioned manner to avoid data collisions
- Failover as necessary when disaster occurs or preemptively as hurricanes threaten its datacenters
Figure 1 — HPE Shadowbase Active/Active “Partitioned” Business Continuity Architecture
- Creates a geographically fault tolerant solution: with continuous application availability
- Avoids data collisions: with the partitioned active/active environment
- Improves and simplifies failover testing: Submit test transactions at any time, recovering to a known-working state since both servers are proven by actively processing transactions
- Flexible recovery solution: preemptively failover and recover to avoid threats or rapidly react and recover from an outage
HPE Shadowbase Products of Interest
Contact us or your HPE Shadowbase representative, and learn how Shadowbase software will benefit you.
Related Case Study:
Related White Papers:
Related Solution Briefs: